Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Claim Jumper Pie: Sweetest Pie EVER



Above you will see a photo depicting an example of the type of Pie I normally avoid. I would not have put a commercial pie out of the grocery freezer on the blog except for a very SWEET thing that happened to me. Here's the story.
I realized that our neighbors had just had their first baby earlier than expected, and so took a card of congrats to their house (so they would have something to greet them as they brought their newborn home over the threshold, in case no family or friends were there). Turns out that they needed that extra kindness after the experience at the hospital, and were so touched that they brought me a pie!
Now, I could NOT chow down on this because it's just too many calories than I can personally handle, so we took it to a party instead where it was enjoyed. Should I tell the neighbors about...The Pie Blog?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Do not let them ever know that their kind gesture was too fattening.

Nice of you to regift.

Super sweet of them, too.

Is their baby cute?

lou jones said...

hey. we love. love. love. the pie blog. please keep reporting on pies and their stories.